The Madison County Middle School Track & Field Team competes against Elbert, Franklin, Hart, Stephens, Habersham, and Rabun counties in the NEGIAA Region. This is an extremely competitive sport, and it is always our intention to contend for the Region Championship. This is why it is very important runners take practice seriously and follow team rules.
1. Parents can start picking runners up from practice at 5:00. Please no later than 5:15. If it is later than 5:15, there will be consequences for a following meet or removal from the team if it continues.
2. Running Track & Field for MCMS is a privilege, not a right.
3. Walking is strongly discouraged. Since this is a running sport and we compete and race against other counties, best effort is asked for at all times.
4. NO HORSE PLAYING! This may result in dismissal from the team.
5. No electronic devices will be allowed during practice. We strongly encourage usage to communicate with parents for dismissal purposes.
6. Practice is mandatory! Any missed practice will result in extra running/possible punishment of not running in meets or dismissal from the team. If you are not at school, then you cannot practice. If you miss more than three unexcused practices, you will be released from the team (This will be strictly enforced).
7. Act like an athlete, a gentleman, young lady, and a scholar. NO profanity. NO criticizing or picking on teammates. NO talking back to coaches. This may result in dismissal from the team.
8. If you continue to have ailments (ankle, knee, foot, pulled muscle, etc.) which prohibit you from practicing then you will not be allowed to participate in practices and/or meets for your own safety.
In light of the above rules, Coaches DeWolf & Barnett, and the administration of Madison County Middle School reserve the right to analyze each situation and exercise leadership in dealing with problems even if it is a deviation from the stated policy.
Chad J. DeWolf is an educator and coach at Madison County Middle School (Comer, GA) in the Madison County Charter School System (Danielsville, GA). This website is NOT affiliated with MCMS or MCSD. ETS is used as an educational tool for anyone interested & should be viewed as a resource for an awesome online learning experience. Tell your friends. You know you want to. Everyone is doing it...