Page created and maintained by Ms. Amanda Shimmin - Madison County Middle School | Comer, GA
Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information from the Periodic Table to explain the relative properties of elements based on patterns of atomic structure.
- a. Develop and use models to compare and contrast the structure of atoms, ions and isotopes. (Clarification statement: Properties include atomic number, atomic mass and the location and charge of subatomic particles.)
- b. Analyze and interpret data to determine trends of the following:
- Number of valence electrons
- Types of ions formed by main group elements
- Location and properties of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids
- Phases at room temperature
- c. Use the Periodic Table as a model to predict the above properties of main group elements.
Resources & Links
Parts of an Atom Song- Mr. Parr
Classifying Matter- Mr. Parr
Periodic Table Song- Mr. Parr
4 States of Matter Song- Mr. Parr
Nothing yet. We shall see...