Page created and maintained by Ms. Amanda Shimmin - Madison County Middle School | Comer, GA
Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information from the Periodic Table to explain the relative properties of elements based on patterns of atomic structure.
- a. Develop and use models to compare and contrast the structure of atoms, ions and isotopes. (Clarification statement: Properties include atomic number, atomic mass and the location and charge of subatomic particles.)
- b. Analyze and interpret data to determine trends of the following:
- Number of valence electrons
- Types of ions formed by main group elements
- Location and properties of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids
- Phases at room temperature
- c. Use the Periodic Table as a model to predict the above properties of main group elements.
Resources & Links
Parts of an Atom Song- Mr. Parr
Classifying Matter- Mr. Parr
Periodic Table Song- Mr. Parr
4 States of Matter Song- Mr. Parr
Nothing yet. We shall see...
Chad J. DeWolf is an educator and coach at Madison County Middle School (Comer, GA) in the Madison County Charter School System (Danielsville, GA). This website is NOT affiliated with MCMS or MCSD. ETS is used as an educational tool for anyone interested & should be viewed as a resource for an awesome online learning experience. Tell your friends. You know you want to. Everyone is doing it...